Machine Operator/Press Brake Operator - Apply Now
Machine Operator/Press Brake Operator – South Houston
Sets up and operates computer numerical control Brake Press, Roll Former, Raz, CNC Punch, Laser, or Amada machines.
Essential job functions:
- Selects, aligns punch tools.
- Identifies and select necessary metal and equipment, including mechanical equipment and/or tool.
- Retrieve and input computerized machine control media.
- Verifies conformance of finished work-piece to specifications.
- Uses bars, calipers, gauges, precision instruments, hand tools and wrenches.
- Maintains necessary maintenance records.
- Maintains a good housekeeping in the plant and work areas
Marginal job functions:
- Perform other tasks as assigned by supervisor
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Ability to carry out not only simple but complex oral and written.
- Basic math skills.
- Ability to read and understand English sufficiently.
- Ability to operate CNC machines and equipment.
- Ability to read blue prints drawings in order to perform jobs according to specifications.
- Ability to comprehend additional training in relation to the performing of the work duties.
- Ability to develop other technical and management skills for future promotion.
- High level of attentiveness and physical coordination to perform the work activities safely and productively.
100 % of the work tasks are performed in-door and subjected to environmental and weather condition changes.
Hours: 8 or more per day
Week: 40 or more hours per week.
Lunch: Half hour.
Standing: Stands 100 % of the time
Environment: Shop is not air-conditioned
Physical task: Must bend, squat, lift, push or pull material up to 50 lbs frequently.
Other Ergonomics Requirements:
The position of CNC punch operator is a physically demanding job. The functions performed ordinarily involve: extending hands and arms in all directions, holding, grasping, pressing, turning objects using hands, picking, lifting, pinching, or otherwise working with fingers. Must of these work activities are performed from awkward positions that requires a lot of physical strength and coordination, including eyes’ coordination. Functions also involve frequent stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling, bending at waist, bending legs, bending downward and forward, and moving about on hands and knees. Performance of some tasks or operation of equipment may require motor coordination, finger-dexterity, eye-hand-foot coordination and color discrimination
- Prior CNC machine experience.
The criteria for evaluation in this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- The ability to communicate effectively with and work with other personnel and customers.
- Proper operation of equipment.